World’s First 2-in-1 EV Charger and Solar Inverter
Whether your customer owns an EV now or just wants to be EV-ready, get ready to drive your business into the future.
SolarEdge’s EV Charging Single Phase Inverter enables homeowners to charge their electric vehicles directly from the power of the sun, maximizing solar usage and further reducing electricity bills. This charger/inverter also enables charging up to 2.5 times faster than a standard EV charger through an innovative solar boost mode that uses grid and PV charging simultaneously.
In addition to the reduced hassle of installing a standalone EV charger and a PV inverter separately, homeowners can track their charging status, control vehicle charging, and set charging schedules using the fully integrated SolarEdge monitoring platform.
MAIN FEATURES AND KEY BENEFITS
The EV charging inverter supports full network connectivity and integrates with the SolarEdge monitoring platform:
- Smart-scheduling for use with Time of Use (TOU) rates — charge from the grid during off-peak hours
- Track solar, EV, and grid consumption for visibility and control of household energy usage application
- Remote operation via mobile app — turn charging on and off
- View charging duration, charge energy, and percent charge from solar
- Easy inverter commissioning with SetApp smartphone app
- Combines solar and grid power for EV charging up to 2.5 times faster than a typical mode 2 charger
- Record-breaking 99% efficiency and high reliability, powered by HD-Wave technology
- Small, lightweight, and as easy to install and commission as a standard SolarEdge inverter
- Built-in, module-level monitoring (monitoring connection is required for first-time EV charging)
- Advanced safety features, including integrated arc fault protection
- Flexible selection of charger cable types and lengths (cable and holder ordered separately)
- Built-in 6mA DC-RCD, compliant with IEC 62752:2016, for reduced labour and installation cost