…go together like fish & chips.
As the popularity of EVs grows and more manufacturers produce models at affordable prices, demand for charging points increases accordingly.
So, a product that enables system owners to charge their electric vehicles directly from the power of the sun, maximize solar usage and further reduce electricity bills, is a no brainer.
Which is where the SolarEdge EV Charging Inverter comes in…
This simple single-phase unit also reduces the hassle of installing a standalone EV charger and a PV inverter separately.
In addition, charging is up to 2.5 times faster than a standard EV charger through an innovative solar boost mode – there are many more unique features – see the table below.
Because there are different types of plugs and different lengths of cable might be required charging cable is supplied separately.
Available Range: – every PV system size is catered for 3.6kW, 4kW, 5kW, and 6kW.
MAIN FEATURES & KEY BENEFITS
The EV charging inverter supports full network connectivity and integrates with the SolarEdge monitoring platform:
- Smart-scheduling for use with Time of Use (TOU) rates — charge from the grid during off-peak hours
- Track solar, EV, and grid consumption for visibility and control of household energy usage application
- Remote operation via mobile app — turn charging on and off
- View charging duration, charge energy, and percent charge from solar
- Easy inverter commissioning with SetApp smartphone app
- Combines solar and grid power for EV charging up to 2.5 times faster than a typical mode 2 charger
- Record-breaking 99% efficiency and high reliability, powered by HD-Wave technology
- Small, lightweight, and as easy to install and commission as a standard SolarEdge inverter
- Built-in, module-level monitoring (monitoring connection is required for first-time EV charging)
- Advanced safety features, including integrated arc fault protection
- Flexible selection of charger cable types and lengths (cable and holder ordered separately)
- Built-in 6mA DC-RCD, compliant with IEC 62752:2016, for reduced labour and installation cost
For more information contact us