What is an Electrical Installation report and How is it different from a condition report?
An Electrical Installation Certificate is produced for a new installation and/or when a new circuit has been added during alteration or additional work. An Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) is done periodically to inspect the standard of electrical installation, however an Installation Certificate cannot be used periodically as its only used for initial certification. The certificate is a safety document stating that the installation is to the standard of BS7671 (IET Wiring Regulations). It is a Legal requirement, and it must be completed by a fully qualified electrician.
Requirement and Validity
When a certificate is required:
- New Installations
- New circuits to Existing installations
- Consumer unit change
- Change of protect device (fuseboard switch)
Validity of certificate:
- Completed by an Competent electrician
- Certificate must include test results
- Certificate must include schedule of inspections
- Keeper of certificate must be given to the person ordering the work